Evolution of a Blog

Kicking & Screaming I Came..

Hmm.. That USED to be the start in my Blog.. However things change, grow and carry on, don't they... Now I find I need to modify my writing as life itself has done for me.. We are no longer a Blog of Hops Skips and Jumps through the nitegarden.. No longer ramblings of a things lost. We are on a path of contentedness, fulfillment & rejoice! Life is anew! Life now takes place on a happy lil piece of ground we call The Cracker Jack Lodge! Here at the Lodge we strive for tranquility, peace, self reliance and sustainability as best we can manage! It's not a typical 'retirement' it's not an escape from civilization.. It's a choice to move more towards freedom, good health and responsibility for ourselves and this beautiful planet we share!

Friday, October 14, 2011

So


And of course.. thats how it happens.. He found me..
I said i found him.. Truthfully.. he found me..
I had decided I liked him right off..
Our first 'Date'.. As HE calls it was our "Potatoe Chucking Date" He invited me out to his house.. Where he planned a great dinner of one of his Specialties.. Meatloaf!! Terrific dinner!
But prior to our dinner he showed me around his Home & Garden.. Where he decided we needed to forage for potatoes! He started digging in with his pitchfork and began unearthing some beautiful home growns! I sat along the grass as we talked and he worked.. He then procceded to 'chuck' potatoes at me.. Quite funny on a 1st date I thought! Definetly brought an aire of ease to the date! We then finished preparing dinner.. stuck it in the oven And took a quik drive out to the Beach to see the sun set. It was so windy and cold He burried me in his jacket! Nice & Cozy! (I'm certain now today this of course was part of his plan to woe me.
Home for a great Dinner.. Then he reminded me how to play Back Gammon after over 20 years of not playing... I was awful at it of course..
So.. History was made..
I am Still with My Potatoe Chuckin Man today & In More Love With him then Id ever thought I deserved to be!
So.. Happy Ending for me after all!

2 comments:

CS said...

Hallelujah!!! Finally some happy endings for you. Voting for way more of happy times for you girlfriend!!!!

nitegardener said...

Hey CS!!
So cool to find you here! Its been weeks since I have been here and had a few minutes on my hands here at work and thought .. hmm.. what the heck1 & Viola' theres my girl CS! yes.. I am So very happy.. Christopher is the love of my life.. and more then id have ever imagined id ever find or know. I feel very undeserving and unprepared at times for all that he unselfishly offers of himself! I reckon this is true love.. Just never really expected it for myself.. So.. i am now pondering what direction to go in.. Supposed i'll make an entry.. 'officially' here again tonight! Love ya Woman.. Hoping your writhing in your own world of happiness there!